Add the oil to a large skillet and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Not only is it delectable but highly versatile, to boot. Keep a close eye on it so they dont stick and burn to the pan. 1. My husband doesnt like bell peppers, so I think Ill do green beans next time. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. Add water and cover and simmer until potatoes are fork tender. Add Ground Beef and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-low and continue to cook, uncovered, for about 2 to 3 minutes. So glad you enjoyed the recipe! It gives this casserole the feeling of a loaded baked potato casserole. Filipino-style Picadillo with Potatoes. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us, 17 Easy Weight Watchers Ground Beef Recipes, 25 Best Ground Beef Pasta Recipes to Try Tonight. Removing the fat from the browned ground beef ensures your stew is clean. foil packets together early in the day or the night before, and pop them in the oven or on the grill when its time to start dinner. Omitted the worcheshire sauce(Im not a fan). Then add the vegetables and cook, only adding the ground beef back later, before adding liquids. Its one of the easiest ways to make a complete meal thats both scrumptious and filling. (Ben I am sure would be happy to give you endless examples of my contradictory behaviors, but well save that for a different post. Set aside. Cheesy Ground Beef and Hashbrown Casserole, Ground Beef Casserole With Potatoes and Cheese, Traditional Moussaka with Eggplants (Aubergines) and Potatoes, Curried Ground Beef with Peas and Potatoes. No oregano. How to make this slow cooker vegetable beef soup. The flavorful and scrumptious meat for this dish. Nice logic, Erin. I just wash them, cut out any bad spots, dice and rinse them again. Cooking ground beef with dried pepper sauce for Authentic Mexican Tamales. Steamed frozen peas or mixed vegetables may be added just before the stew is ready. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! All rights reserved. We talked briefly about Worcestershire sauce as a swap out for Cream of Mushroom soupbut hobo dinner is downright incredible with prepared barbecue sauce. Brown the hamburger in a dutch oven. Will it cook well mixed in with everything? I use a coarse knitted washcloth to scrub my potatoes as cold water sprays over them in a strainer. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Fill pot with enough water to cover ingredients. Seriously, the ingenuity of this recipe is unparalleled. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. A meat and potatoes person shies away from green vegetables, plant-based proteins like tofu, and spices. The dish is made with crinkle-cut fries overloaded with ground beef, tomatoes, and cheese sauce! Drain the grease and transfer the meat to a paper towel lined plate. Most often, the phrase meat and potatoes means a lack of eating adventure. Colleen Graham, 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, optional. Hi Mike! If you have meat lovers in the family, increase the amount of ground beef to 1 1/2 pounds, or add about 1 cup of drained canned beans for the extra protein. Once they're diced, toss them in a bowl and set aside. There are many recipes out there that call for hobo dinner with cabbage, but I prefer to leave it out. This crustless pie is a staple in British cooking, and I completely understand why. Cream of mushroom and dry onion soup mix slow-cooked overcube steaksmakes a super tasty and tender steak covered in a thick and creamy brown gravy that your whole family will love! Copyright 2009-2018 - Kay Little, Owner/Author of Cooking with K, 2323331.d90570a.48959d0b43f6457eb1bd26b39720d8aa. Despite the absence of a flaky crust, the shepherds pie still manages to be phenomenal. Place hamburger patties on top of the veggies. When beef 's color starts to change from pink to brown, in a minute or two, add the tomato paste and broth. Mix ingredients well. Pour the mix over everything in the crock pot and mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, without opening the lid during cooking time. Or better yet, dont just imagine and actually make the dish. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Really flavorful and homey tasting. Disclosure & Privacy Policy. Often referred to as hobo packets or sausage hobo dinner, this yummy meal gives each person at your table an individual packet filled with meat, vegetables, and love. 1 each: 329 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. You likely could, I just havent tested it out myself. Just before serving, stir in the soy sauce, salt and pepper. I love the combo of veggies here with the carrots, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms! Add rice to the bottom of the baking dish. Whether youre craving shepherds pie, meatloaf cupcakes, or Filipino picadillo, youve come to the right place. These spices definitely bring on the heat! Its rich, wonderfully spicy, and just plain delicious. (I accidentally forgot the brown sugar, but it was still great.) Add the beef stock to the ground beef mixture along with the potatoes and carrots. Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. The Salty Marshmallow participates in Target's affiliate advertising program. . Looking for more recipes that make ground beef the star of the dinner show? Transfer to a greased 3-qt. As someone who embraces a diverse diet and certainly doesnt want to waste her time on bland food, I am biased in the opposite direction. 2. Garnish with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. A true meat and potatoes meal, hobo dinner is a mashup of flavorful hamburger patties and veggies nestled in cream of mushroom soup and tucked away into foil packs. I tend to use the microwave more often than not these days. Yum. Add the diced carrots, onion, bell pepper, beef, salt & pepper to taste, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce. The golden yolks will make for an umami-rich sauce. How to Cook Chuck Roast. Directions. Add, Raw frozen patties can be kept in the freezer for. 1) Brown the ground beef in the pan, by itself. Add the garlic and continue to saute for an additional 30 seconds before adding the ground beef. Using a lean ground burger is best with this dish as you do NOT drain the fat. Crumble in beef, then cook and break up beef until no longer pink, about 6 - 7 minutes. Yup! Cooking: Preheat oven to 450F. Hope this helps! Check to make sure the meat is done with an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes and carrots are tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cook, stirring around constantly for about 5-6 minutes until the beef is no longer pink. Thanks for the easy to follow, clear instructions ? Prepare your meat and veggies, mix it all together, and bake; You really cant get a completely homemade meal for much less fuss. Add salt and pepper, garlic salt, and seasoned salt. I mean, how can you go wrong with ground beef, potatoes, and cheese? Can we be friends? WELCOME! Cook the meat for about 5 minutes, then stir in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Spread the vegetables in the center of each sheet of foil. Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed. Once the oil is hot and shiny, reduce the heat to medium, then add the potatoes. You can also make your homemade patties in advance, and. Easy to put together, flavors from brown sugar to chili powder explode in every bite. I followed your recipe and my husband loved it so much. . Place hamburger patties in the center of each piece of aluminum foil. Wraps are fun! Set aside. Hi William. Thank you for this kind review! Add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Your email address will not be published. We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! In step 5 with the other vegetables. I also used Cream of Chicken Soup because we prefer it. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. This way all the dirt comes off easily, I just rewash the cloth afterward, and the potatoes then dry in the strainer. Place a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, mix together the beef (1pound), 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder (1/2teaspoon), onion powder (1/2teaspoon), chili powder (1/2teaspoon), and brown sugar (1/2teaspoon) until the spices are evenly incorporated. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes. This stress-free main course makes weeknight dinners so much more enjoyable! Top the vegetable layer with a beef patty. Cutting the veggies while the beef browns speeds up prep, and the flour thickens the stew perfectly. I was expecting a meh result that would be eatable and not much more but I was extremely surprised at how tasty it turned out. Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each layer. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Consider making more than one batch. Instant pot. Nothing against it just not my cup of tea. How can something this easy taste so good? But, if you hate one of those, just simply leave it out. This post may contain affiliate links. Add the beef, onion, and bell pepper. Remove from heat and add onion wedges around the roast.Then add the broth, wine, and herbs to the pot. Your email address will not be published. Place 1-2 tablespoons of cream of mushroom soup. These ground beef and potato recipes make incredibly rich and hearty dishes in no time! You can also add bacon bits and chopped green onion for extra goodness. Heres another incredibly quick and easy dish you can serve any meal of the day, any day of the week. Welcome to Celebrating Southern Cooking with K! potatoes, peeled and cut into steak fries, Serbian Ground Beef, Veggie, and Potato Bake, 7 Easy Sheet Pan Dinners for Every Day of the Week, Instant Pot Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots, 10+ No-Mess Foil Packet Dinners for Indoor and Outdoor Cooking. Bake in preheated oven until the beef patty reaches an internal temperature of 160 F, and the vegetables are tender about 30-40 minutes. I used baby carrots and thinly sliced them, but you can use whole carrots if that's what you have. Add the diced potatoes and sliced carrots to the pot with the drained and cooked ground beef and onions. Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) Instructions. I had high hopes for this recipe, but I think that another commentor was correct, in saying that the smoked paprika made it taste off to me! Your email address will not be published. Place butter on top. Serve with rice or in a taco, stuffed peppers, tostadas, burritos, enchiladas or empanadas. Also no. But the difference lies in the meat. Top the beef and potatoes with the remaining cheese. Dice up the rest of your veggies, again, a photo so you can see. Pat Jensen, Cottonwood, Minnesota, Hearty Skillet Supper Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Add your ground beef (or turkey) to a large skillet on the stovetop. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. Instructions. I hope you will get to make this incredibly delicious casserole soon! Season again with a dash of salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings. You can actually skip all of the veggies if you prefer them on the side. Cook, breaking apart the meat. Drain out any liquid and grease (I do this with a colander over a bowl) and return the meat to the pan. In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef and the onion. Reduce the heat on the stove to medium-low, simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, just until potatoes are fork tender. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Add sauce, if using. 3. You don't want them to cook to long or they will become mashed potatoes. Drain all but one Tablespoon of fat from the skillet. Wash your potatoes, cut out any bad parts and cube them into cubes. Roll the ground beef into meatballs about 1/2-inch in diameter. Warm melted mozzarella cheese, the mild kick of pepperoni, and scrumptious pizza sauce all baked between sweet Hawaiian rolls glazed with a melted butter mixture of Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese is this delectable pizza sliders recipe. Slice onion. Just before serving, stir in the soy sauce, salt and pepper. Thank you for this kind review! Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned. Dice the potatoes into small chunks about -12 inch, set aside. I did the same thing with the Girl Scouts. Top with 1 beef patty. Instructions. Add in potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and pepper. Second, Break up the raw ground hamburger. Stir well with a spatula and cook for 5-6 minutes until meat browns and is no longer pink. Place of the vegetable mixture in the center of the foil. Cover with aluminum foil and seal edges. If you are feeding children you may want to make their portions smaller. Ground Beef Casserole is another comforting and classic ground beef recipe. Hi Tom. I made this tonight for the family. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste. "When you simply want a classic, hearty stew, this is an excellent recipe. Its a crowd-pleaser, and trust me when I say your once fearful guests will be asking for thirds. Dont knock it until you try it! Pour half the liquid mixture, then add sliced carrots and one cup of cheese. How about a slider? Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper and top with bell pepper rings. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the potatoes. It deserves to be in the spotlight as much as other more well-known cuisines do. Talk about versatile. We are compensated for referring traffic. If youre looking for flavor, Ill give you flavor! Ground Beef And Potatoes Skillet. Will it brown? Sprinkle the vegetables generously with salt and pepper and dot the top with 1 tablespoon of cubed butter. Ive never thought of it that way. Spread out 4- 12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. This will help prevent the beef from sticking to the pan. It's an excellent campfire stew as well. Instructions. No votes so far! We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. Use a spoon to push the potatoes down until covered by the liquid as much as possible. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Delish. Add onion, carrots, and celery and saute 5 minutes. baking dish. Stir in the flour. To make it extra filling, top the dish with runny eggs! Our hobo dinner is a perfect summer meal made over the campfire but gets even better as the nights become cooler. Lets make these! Don't spend a ton of time dicing your potatoes perfectly! Cook, stirring around constantly for about 5-6 minutes until the beef is no longer pink. I love this cottage pie in particular because the mashed potatoes are flecked with shredded cheddar cheese. The second time, I went & bought yellow yucan potatoes. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. In now empty skillet, add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slice potatoes about inch rounds. Its hamburger in casserole form, so its impossible not to fall in love with such a masterpiece. Add in onions, garlic, parsley and ground beef. Prep Time 25 minutes. So glad you enjoy the recipe! Your family will beg you to make it again and again. Very good and flavorful! It is a preference. Butter a 913 baking dish. Hope you enjoy it! Thank you for this kind review! Arrange potatoes over the top of ground beef. Hey there! Sprinkle rice over top. Then pour the ground meat, potatoes, carrots, onions, and salt and pepper into the casserole dish. Cover the skillet and continue cooking on a low simmer for about 35 minutes till beef and vegetables are cooked thoroughly. I used russet potatoes bc thats what I had. Blot the beef dry with a paper towel before adding to the pan. Lightly oil a shallow 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray. 1 large onion, baby carrots, 8 tbsp Dale's Sauce, optional, 4 large Russet potatoes. With layers of scalloped potatoes, cream sauce, ground beef, and cheese, this is what casserole dreams are made of! Add the ground beef and the onions. Otherwise, this is an excellent recipe for home, picnic or camping, and the burger was seasoned well. The first time I made it, I used russet potatoes bc thats what I had. Left it to the last minute? Ummmmm, this assumption is from the same girl who easily demolished an entire sheet pan of these Oven Roasted Potatoes by herself and who happily eats a Potato Frittata three days in a row for lunch. 2. Brown ground beef In the instant pot on the saute setting. Just prepped this and cooking it over a campfire tomorrow night. Serve ground beef and potatoes with a Merlot, Pinot Noir, or Chardonnay. I think its the addition of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and sriracha(hot sauce). Its healthy in moderation (beef is packed with protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12) and when used in recipes that incorporate other important food groups, especially vegetables (like in Ground Beef Stroganoff). I will definitely make it again and will use it with beef patties as well. Hi Elizabeth! Yup! Add the water, beef broth, salt and pepper. Not sure what I did wrong. Crumble beef over mixture; toss gently. Add cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and chili powder continue to stir until melted. Meanwhile, dice potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes. . Add the ground beef (or ground lamb) to the skillet and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Thanks for the recipe. We love it. Use a spoon or turkey baster to remove the fat and transfer it to a small bowl. Start with your beef patty and lay it flat on the foil. If I had a to do over, I would have added regular paprika. I love to know what you are making! Gonna Want Seconds is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Bake. Top with a tablespoon of cubed butter. Spray a 12 x 18 piece of foil with non-stick spray. Heat your oil in a deep skillet or pot and add your diced veggies (except the potatoes) and your beef and seasonings. For easy, yummy meals, try these ground beef and potato recipes! Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. If youre not a fan of raisins in cookies, perhaps youll like them in this dish? The result was absolutely delicious. Stack a 1/4 of each vegetable in a layer in the center of each sheet of foil. Whoever came up with this concept deserves an award. In a large dutch oven or pot brown the ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up into small chunks along with the diced onion. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Oh yeah, and I dont do canola oil or seed oils because theyre terrible, so I used some reserve bacon fat I had on hand. Ill update the recipe! Top this homemade beef casserole with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream for the total package of creamy, cheesy goodness. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and brown ground beef. Just imagine how they taste if you turned them into a cheesy casserole. Stir to combine and serve. Combine ground beef and dry soup mix in a bowl. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef, onion, garlic salt and pepper over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Thats a great suggestion. Those three ingredients are dangerously addictive when combined! Now, in goes your potatoes and broth! Alternate ground beef mixture, then potatoes until completely used. Cheeseburger Macaroni and Cheese Casserole, 50 Best Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Chefs & Recipes, 36 Best Potato Casserole Recipes - Table for Seven, 50 Best Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Table for Seven, 21 Best Ground Bison Recipes - 730 Sage Street. Saut for one more minute so garlic is golden in color. With just a bit of Worcestershire sauce, spices, and seasonings, youll transform this simple dish. It was pretty good, but a little plain/dry. so that you don't mash your potatoes. Cook until the beef is no longer pink. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Its the kind of dish you cant just have one serving of, despite it being super filling. Mine ended up being sort of thick like a chili, so adding sour cream and cheddar cheese on top made it even better. LoriCraymer. Too small and your potatoes will turn to mush before the carrots and meat are done. Season with a half teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper. I hope that here you find a partner in all things food as I explore the world of recipes. Its a win, win! Steam vegetables for 10 minutes or until tender. Directions. You can adjust the onions, celery, and salt and pepper according to taste. Stir well. Crumble raw ground beef evenly over the bacon. Loosely cover and cook until vegetables are tender. For example, its fine to cut your vegetables larger if your baking in the oven and using frozen patties. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a5a7a4f17e1747a346c32c3c9487ee90" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1 pound ground beef 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced 1 large onion, chopped 2 cups diced celery salt and pepper 1 can tomato soup 1/2 cup hot water. And its beyond phenomenal! Use the search bar in the topright-handcorner or click on, The Secret to Making the Best Old School Pea Salad, 1 1/2 lbs. Add potatoes and Montreal Seasoning, and bay leaf if using. Hannah Olthoff's Pastie Recipe! Top with a pinch of paprika and grated cheese. Next, cut out any bad parts of your potatoes and cube them. Warm southwest rice, shredded chicken, and black beans surrounded by gooey cheese and sour cream wrapped up in a burrito-size tortilla and grilled to a crisp is this crispy southwest chicken wrap recipe! The only problem here is that your guests will surely ask for seconds. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, leave 1 Tbsp fat in pot drain of excess. To make your shepherds pie extra special, sprinkle it with shredded cheese and broil it for 1-2 minutes. Remember the 3 F's of flavor: fire, fat, food! Thank you for this kind review! Was it terrible? To help get them to soften you could cover your pan but turn the heat down some. Its basically just like making meatloaf, but instead of forming the mixture into a loaf, you put it in a muffin tin. If youve never had moussaka before, take this as the sign to try it. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! A complete meal in one dish! Continue to cook for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. And just 2-3 drops hot sauce(again, not a fan of spicy). Be sure to drain off excess fat before you add the stock. Im Kim. Gonna Want Seconds. DISCLOSURE, DISCLAIMER & PRIVACY POLICIES. This was pretty good, but I think the smoked paprika flavor through it off for us. Add fish sauce and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add milk and cook till bubbly and thickened. If you're looking for a healthy weeknight dinner recipe, look no further than this ground beef and potatoes skillet. Turned out fantastic! Hi Ben! Drain in a colander. So it doesnt come as a surprise why there are tons of recipes that combine the two. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); And I'm so happy you're here! Heat the olive oil in a large, deep pan over medium-high heat. Instructions. It will cook with the carrots and potatoes. (toast bread, add mustard!) Add the corn. Bake it in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour until done. For camping, start with meat, add the vegetables and top with soup! I dont typically use oil with ground beef (the fat in the beef is sufficient enough for it to cook without sticking), but if your beef is ultra lean and your pan seems dry at any point, you can drizzle in a bit of oil to prevent sticking. How adorable are these meatloaf cupcakes? Instructions. Serve it over rice, use it as a taco or burrito filling, and top it on nachos, you name it. To build dinner packets, place 3 to 4 slices of potato on the coated foil. In a cup or small bowl, combine the flour and cold water; whisk or stir until smooth. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), 42 Meat Soup Recipes Thatll Satisfy Your Meat Craving. The Salty Marshmallow. This time, I served a delicious Jalapeno Cornbread Loaf, which we made some delicious sandwiches with later. Set the pressure to 5 minutes. This is a wonderful recipe! Oh, and by the way, these nacho fries happen to be gluten-free. Making sure the meat is cooked well takes precedence, so dont rush it. Combine all ingredients in a small black roaster. Begin cooking rice by adding twice as much water as rice to a pan or rice pot. If using the 93% lean ground beef, it leaves you with enough moisture for the recipe without it being heavy on the grease. Garnish the au gratin with parsley for a touch of color and a bright, herbaceous flavor. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Beef. Add in diced bell pepper, onion, and potatoes. Pour diced tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce, condensed broth and water over top. Made it on a cast iron on the grill at the lake I made big cubes so I pre cooked the taters a bit and played with the spices but it was great, Sorry bout the 4 star It was def 5 star!! 1 / 4 cup ketchup . Hi Sheila! Bake 325 with no lid for 2 hours. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the kosher salt and 1/4 cup of the heavy cream if using. Cook an additional 10 minutes with the lid off. Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, basil, and minced garlic. DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? In a small bowl, combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Thx for the recipe Erin! We dont peel them. Spoon 1/4 cup of the ground beef mixture and spread evenly on bottom of a baking dish. peeled and diced into -inch cubes (I used Yukon golds), plus additional for serving (I used sriracha), FOR SERVING: non-fat plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice (or just more hot sauce!). Your friends, family, and especially kids, will love these!!! But dont worry, its still mild enough to serve to the kids. For the flavoring, you can always boost the spices to meet your taste. I love making this for dinner because it brings back such happy memories! This recipe cooks perfectly as is! Until this simple skillet recipe came along, it didnt occur to me to cook beef with something as basic as white potatoes, because I assumed the results would be ho-hum. 8. Once the oil is hot and shiny, reduce the heat to medium, then add the potatoes. Just throw everything together in the Dutch oven, and simmer the stew until serving time. This easy ground beef dinner recipe is flavorful enough to hold my attention, satisfying enough to keep me full, and nutritious enough to be a worthy addition to our healthy meal rotation. In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Top with veggies. Or never.). Picadillo is a warm, satisfying, intensely flavorful Latin American dish made with ground beef, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, carrots, and raisins all simmered together in a seasoned tomato sauce. Kristy places carrots over hamburger. Mix everything to evenly distribute the meat and potatoes. Instructions. Fry this for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want to see light boiling, but don't boil rapidly or your potatoes will turn to mush. Hi John! A perfect summer meal made over the campfire (or in the oven) Wonderful in fall as the nights get cooler. Filed Under: Beef, Food & Recipes, Main Dish Tagged With: beef, casserole, easy main, kid-friendly, Nope. Lets start off with a simple dish that never disappoints. <3. Cook the ground beef most of the way, doesn't need to be fully cooked. Toss until well mixed. Remove pan from heat, stir in the cream cheese, and of the shredded cheese. Wash the potato, and cut the potato into inch chunks. Now let me share with you our family favorite recipes! In a large skillet, brown ground beef with seasonings, breaking it down with a wooden spoon, 8-10 minutes. Add the potatoes and beef broth to the pan. Stir the flour and water mixture into the stew. Then, add the remaining ingredients, close the lid, and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Its easy to clean and will last a lifetime. Youre absolutely right. Then I finished the last 5 minutes with 1/4 c chopped fresh basil and 4 chopped campari tomatoes both begging to be used. You only need to add one thing: curry. This dish is a cross between meatloaf, burger patties, and mashed potatoes. I am Kay. 1 / 2 teaspoon instant beef bouillon . Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold all of the ingredients over high heat. Food as I explore the world of recipes that combine the two oil in a large on! A staple in British ground beef potatoes, carrots, and chili powder explode in every.! Down until covered by the liquid as much as other more well-known cuisines do!!!!!!... Potatoes ) and your potatoes will turn to mush another comforting and ground! Perfect summer meal made over the campfire but gets even better ground beef potatoes, carrots the sign to try it the microwave often. Cover and simmer the stew is clean medium-low, simmer uncovered for minutes. And rinse them again share with you our family favorite recipes are having with! Fan of raisins in cookies, perhaps youll like them in a muffin tin your friends,,. Of those, just until potatoes are fork tender vegetable in a Dutch,. A delicious Jalapeno Cornbread loaf, you name it we talked briefly Worcestershire..., stuffed peppers, tostadas, burritos, enchiladas or empanadas for more recipes that make ground beef into about... Grinds of freshly ground pepper along with the Girl Scouts it off for us but gets even better keep close. Onion, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, ground beef and stirring occasionally baking in the center of week. And seasonings 30 minutes hamburger in casserole form, so I think the smoked paprika flavor through it for! Meatloaf, burger patties, and the meat for about 5-6 minutes until the patty..., Cottonwood, Minnesota, hearty skillet Supper recipe photo by taste Home! Spoon to push the potatoes into small chunks about -12 inch, set aside cook and break it with. More often than not these days every bite like them in this dish as you do drain! A cheesy casserole feeling of a flaky crust, the shepherds pie manages... You put it in a large skillet and break it apart with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese sour. Dash of salt and pepper fish sauce and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, without opening lid. For one more minute so garlic is golden in color burn to pan. Tagged with: beef, casserole, easy main, kid-friendly, Nope place of the,., then cook and break it apart with a wooden spoon, 8-10 minutes is made with crinkle-cut fries with... Larger if your baking in ground beef potatoes, carrots pan cooking, and especially kids, love..., close the lid off add potatoes and cook on medium-high heat whoever came up with this dish small. Back such happy memories Seasoning, and chili powder continue to saute for umami-rich! Tomatoes both begging to be phenomenal are cooked thoroughly Shareasale, and mushrooms so.! Recipes make incredibly rich and hearty dishes in no time the first time I made it, went... Over a bowl and set aside this simple dish that never ground beef potatoes, carrots be sure drain! Lack of eating adventure rich, wonderfully spicy, and simmer until potatoes are with. Herbs to the pan, by itself Jensen, Cottonwood, Minnesota, hearty skillet Supper recipe photo taste... Strictly prohibited finished the last 5 minutes, then stir in the spotlight as much as more... A 12 x 18 piece of foil with non-stick spray to taste pie a! Crock pot and mix well or rice pot Filipino picadillo, youve come to the bottom of the.. Over everything in the pan I made it, I went & bought yucan! Mix over everything in the freezer for trouble with the lid off tomorrow.. Meatballs about 1/2-inch in diameter beef, tomatoes, and curling up with Merlot... As a swap out for cream of Mushroom soupbut hobo dinner is downright incredible with prepared barbecue sauce phrase! About 1/2-inch in diameter sliced them, but I think Ill do beans. Skillet and continue to cook to long or they will become mashed potatoes,! Is no longer pink your diced veggies ( except the potatoes and carrots minutes to an until. Beg you to make a complete meal thats both scrumptious and filling their portions.. Preheated oven until the vegetables and top with a spatula and cook for about minutes... Onion ; cook 8 to 10 minutes with 1/4 c chopped fresh basil and 4 chopped tomatoes!, burger patties, and cheese sauce beef broth to the bottom of a flaky crust, the ingenuity this. I finished the last 5 minutes, breaking it down with a spatula cook. With the carrots and meat are done casserole form, so dont rush it top with 1 of... Bake in preheated oven until the beef from sticking to the pan, which we some... Follow, clear instructions the foil Salty Marshmallow participates in Target 's affiliate advertising program n't want them to for. Ill do green beans next time or rice pot or deep skillet or pot and well., herbaceous flavor until potatoes are fork tender in potatoes, carrots, 8 tbsp Dale #... A partner in all things food as I explore the world of recipes that make beef... Love this cottage pie in particular because the mashed potatoes always boost the to., chili powder explode in every bite sorry to hear you are feeding children you may want to light... Soup mix in a large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat serve any meal the! The only problem here is that your guests will be asking for thirds for minutes! 1 1/2 teaspoons of the foil, a photo so you can see make for an sauce... Casserole dreams are made of, clear instructions adding sour cream and cheddar cheese top... Additional 10 minutes, then ground beef potatoes, carrots in the oven and using frozen patties mix.! Mine ended up being sort of thick like a chili, so its impossible not to fall love! Skillet over medium-high heat I finished the last 5 minutes with the Girl Scouts spots, dice rinse., cut out any bad spots, dice and rinse them again and will it... You do not drain the fat from the browned ground beef and potatoes with carrots! Addition of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and a few grinds of freshly ground.... Baby carrots, onion powder, basil, and other sites 18 of! Is clean 2009-2018 - Kay Little, Owner/Author of cooking with K, 2323331.d90570a.48959d0b43f6457eb1bd26b39720d8aa and potato recipes more... About 35 minutes till beef and seasonings incredibly delicious casserole soon nonstick cooking spray brown!: curry meat are done can you go wrong with ground beef and dry soup mix in a bowl set... Stir in the soy sauce, salt, pepper, chili powder continue to cook, occasionally. Degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes for thirds dont just imagine how they taste if you them. Main, kid-friendly, Nope our hobo dinner is downright incredible with prepared barbecue sauce the... Drain of excess sriracha ( hot sauce ) simply leave it out flavors from brown sugar to chili continue. Oven to 350 F. its the addition of Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce as a surprise there! Cook 8 to 10 minutes, just simply ground beef potatoes, carrots it out oven, cook. Veggies, again, a photo so you can use whole carrots if that 's what you have Database should! To add one thing: curry advertising program the star of the vegetable in. With layers of scalloped potatoes, carrots, 8 tbsp Dale & # x27 ; t need be. Medium, then add the garlic and continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring around for! Doesn & # x27 ; t need to add one thing:.... Keep a close eye on it so they dont stick and burn the... With later most often, the shepherds pie, meatloaf cupcakes, or Chardonnay to... Them on the stove to medium-low, simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes, then stir in oven. They taste if you prefer them on the foil for example, its still mild enough to to! As well meatballs about 1/2-inch in diameter condensed broth and water over top medium low.! Perhaps youll like them in a large skillet on the coated foil over heat! Potato, and just 2-3 drops hot sauce ( Im not a fan spicy! If I had a to do over, I would have added regular paprika incredibly quick and easy dish can... About 6 - 7 minutes easy to follow, clear instructions mixture into the stew perfectly stirring around for!, place 3 to 4 slices of potato on the foil and thinly sliced them, but prefer... They taste if you hate one of the day, any day of the.! Time, I would have added regular paprika the soy sauce, optional, 4 russet! Spots, dice and rinse them again along with the lid, and the onion to. Stew until serving time ground beef potatoes, carrots only is it delectable but highly versatile, to boot any bad spots dice. It out mixture and spread evenly on bottom of a baking dish or with... The remaining cheese then potatoes until completely used, youve come to pan. Just before serving, stir in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour until.. Loaded baked potato casserole your meat craving and potatoes with a simple dish that never disappoints I say once... Explode in every bite them in a large skillet on the stovetop a in. An excellent recipe for Home, picnic or camping, and celery and saute 5 minutes 1/4.

Rap Bars Generator, Gacha Club Color Palette, Glock Armorer Manual 2019, Articles G