Featured Deal . As with most of the guns they make, it is hard to go wrong with a Glock for any scenario. Based on the assumption you are buying the conversion barrel(s) either way, the only real advantage of buying a 23 over a 32 is. It doesnt matter that its older it simply works. This is a harder question to answer. G23 uses 6.5mm elevation. These specs are identical for the Glock 32 Gen 4, and the older Gen 3 models. GLOCK 32 Gen4. If you are a younger shooter who grew up with polymer-framed, double-stack pistols, then the grip should feel just right. The Glock 23 is snag-free, fast into action, and simply feels good in the hands. After all, they are the most popular law enforcement pistol in the country for a reason. 1999 was a great year for handgunners. Getting a fresh from the factory Glock 23 is amazing, you get every worth of your money. Glock G23 Gen4 vs Glock G32 Gen4 size comparison | Handgun Hero Glock G23 Gen4 vs Glock G32 Gen4 Glock G23 Gen4 Striker-Fired Compact Pistol Chambered in 40 S&W Check Price vs Glock G32 Gen4 Striker-Fired Compact Pistol Chambered in 357 Sig Check Price Dimensions Details Capacity Dimensions Customary Metric Want to sell a firearm? Except for generational changes, this G23 is pretty much like any other .40 the company has produced, but lets take a closer look. of felt recoil, 50% more than the 9mms 4.5 ft./lbs. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Springfield Armory Xdm Elite Pistol 9Mm Osp 4.5" Beretta Apx Carry A1 9Mm Optics Ready Jaxn920A1. Select what level shooter you are! Sometimes my Glock forgets where to look.. Ballistically, they are not that much different, but people who like the snap and pop of 40 will definitely like the laser beam and loudness of 357. Just got a Gen 5 Glock 23. And lastly, the Glock 22 weighs around 960g when the 15 bullet magazine is fully loaded together with a barreled bullet, which is perfectly balanced between heavy and light, which means that it is not too heavy to induce fatigue to the user, and not too light that it becomes unstable and hard to aim. One of the big downsides to .357 Sig is in ammo pricing and availability. I shot quite a few Glocks early on and was not a big fan. Just as the G19 is the best-selling 9mm Glock makes and is a universal favorite, the G23 is arguably the best-selling .40 in the civilian market due to its versatility. Gen4 guns will have different ejectors for .40 and 357. The cool thing about the 32 is that it also does not skimp on capacity. I see your logic. Glock 23 Gen 3 Review (Another 40 S&W Glock Review)YouTube wants to kill this channel! Para mayor informacin, visitewww.p65Warnings.ca.gov. The Glock 31 has a longer barrel, slide, and is about three ounces heavier. The reason the Glock 23 was designed was to recreate a pistol that was dependable and usable as the Glock 19, but outfit it with a larger caliber, the .40 round. I have over 29 years of law enforcement experience including commanding a SWAT team for three years and being personally involved in several shooting incidents as well as investigating dozens more where the larger caliber handguns proved their effectiveness to me. A forum community dedicated to glock owners and enthusiasts. Get the Glock 23 if you have smaller hands and prefer a slimmer and smaller gun grip. This made it harder for me to quickly line up the sights after a shot, and it took some getting used to. In the 1990s, Sig Sauer designed a new bulletthe .357 Sig. The Glock 23 measures smaller and lighter than the Glock 22, which uses the same .40 caliber rounds in a larger frame and magazine. The Notched Jacket is designed to expand into 6 uniform segments upon impact for consistent performance. Glock 31 Glock 32 Weight 26.1 oz 24.34 oz Length 8.03" 7.36" Action Safe Action Caliber .357 SIG .357 SIG Capacity 15+1 15 + 1 Finish Black Gun Type Pistol Sights Fixed Grip Black Barrel Length 4.48" 4.49" Height 5.47 5.5 Inches Width 1.26 1.3 Inches Gun Stats Price History Recently Deals Glock 31 Guns.com $509.99 See Deal EuroOptic.com $545.30 GEN4 ONLY, Gen4 G32 uses Trigger Mechanism Housing 30561 with Ejector 30499. Don't miss a story! Barrel length of the 22 . The Glock 19 is popular for a reason. If you need info on some of the best CCW (concealed carry weapon) holsters on the market for both of these Glocks or for other pistols, check out thisexhaustive listof holsters we created. As a GLOCK owner, we want to make sure you have all the tools to protect your GLOCK pistol, and get the most out of it. So when I go to LFI II I take it I can bring a 40 barrel and use it from the get go and use WWB for ammo. ball ammo. However, if you dont spend enough time in the range and you feel that those two extra rounds can be a lifesaver (again assuming you dont want to spend extra on the aftermarket 15-round mag for the Glock 23), then go with the Glock 22. If you have large hands and prefer a thicker gun, then get the Glock 22. That necked down case also helps it to cycle a little more efficiently than some other rounds. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. There are too many lights, not to mention lasers, out there to list a bunch of them. But if none of the conditions above apply to you, then theGlock 23 wins, hands down. The .45 acp on the other hand is a caliber known for its reliability and proven track record of being a powerful man stopper since 1911, but the handgun platform it was primarily chambered in. Overall the Glock 22 is one of the best handguns you can get for open carrying, and its the perfect size for full-sized hands. For this review, were going to discuss specific features of each gun and give an overall verdict to whom the gun is best for. Get the Glock 23 if you have smaller hands and.. ], https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcQGzsnjJ1c, Best Thermal Riflescope: Check the [current_date format=F Y] Comparison, This div height required for enabling the sticky sidebar, 2022 Yestactical.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. There are several out there. How many times have you heard your shooting buddies say, the .40 is history! That seems to be the prevalent opinion among many pistol shooters. If youre ever in a situation where youre forced to defend yourself, you dont have time to check a manual safety, and the Glock 23s trigger safety is designed with that situation in mind. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Depending on several factors, either of these two polymer burners could be the perfect fit or could cause a very bad case of buyers remorse. Because of the chambering, the Glock 32 is without a doubt, a niche gun. Could be dead wrong, who knows. One feature of the Glock 23 is the interchangeable magazine release catch, which you can move to whichever side is more comfortable for you. of whack to your hand, double that of the 9mm. A word of caution though. Its rated at 1,000 lumens, which ought to get anybodys attention. It worked as intended. Richard Douglas is a firearms expert and educator. Frankly the claim that new bullet technology magically makes the 9mm superior to the 40 or 45ACP is hogwash as the same improved bullet technology applies to both of those other rounds keeping them more effective than the 9mm. Despite the increased felt recoil, which Ill discuss in-depth later, the firearm remains as accurate as any other Glock Ive used. It can also use 15-round and even 22-round magazines, which totally negates the only real advantage the Glock 22 has to offer. For the most part, the ammo is very expensive and the overall cost of ownership is much higher than the majority of all other Glocks. We later went to Glock 40 S&W's and both the agencies where I was police chief used them. For more information go towww.p65Warnings.ca.gov, Este producto puede exponerle aqumicosincluyendo plomo, que es conocido por el Estado de California come causante de cncer y defectos de nacimiento u otros daos reproductivos. So I carry 40. Next up, lets discuss all the important information about the Glock 22 that you need to know if youre planning to buy one. The gun and the ammo were more than up to the intended task. If you're going to sell it at some point, I would think that the g23 would sell quicker and maybe bring more than the g32. It a lot of fun and 357sig is the most fun. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. The 22 has been modded a bit and is now more suited to IDPA. There are a few downsides to consider though. Then one day I had the opportunity to shoot a 23. For more on Gastons pistols, check out the Best Glocks: Across Calibers and Sizes. Expect muzzle velocities of 1,300 to 1,500 feet per second using 125-grain ammo. If you want a Glock with a little more punch, try out the Glock 32. Glock 23. This is a little comparison video of the Glock 22 and Glock 23. As a police officer, this gun is great, but most LEOs are moving toward the 9mm for a much softer recoil and smaller frame. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>, our review of the best aftermarket Glock triggers, Converts to .357 Sig or 9mm with barrel swap. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. JavaScript is disabled. Or is it just dependent on market prices and ammo costs at that time? The Gen 4 comes with 3 15-round magazines with 2 interchangeable backstraps to accommodate different hand sizes. My first Glock! It is worth considering the ammo factor before adding this gun to your wishlist. Otherwise, the gun is on par with other polymer semi-autos Ive shot. Glock G23 Gen4 Striker-Fired Compact Pistol Chambered in 40 S&W Check Price vs Glock G26 Striker-Fired Subcompact Pistol Chambered in 9mm Luger Check Price Dimensions Details Capacity Dimensions Customary Metric Want to sell a firearm? It has the same overall and slide width as the Glock 31, but its almost a 1/2 shorter to offer more versatility. Drag/drop and reorder the handguns to compare on top of eachother, New handguns and the best gun and ammo deals straight to your inbox, Striker-Fired Compact Pistol Chambered in 40 S&W, Striker-Fired Compact Pistol Chambered in 357 Sig. If you are looking for a plain-jane, .40 compact pistol that is reliable and accurate, look at the G23. If youre not reloading your own ammo, it might be practically worthless, and even if you are, the necked-down cartridge of the .357 Sig might be a tad harder to work with unless you have specialty dies that cost more $$$. Your email address will not be published. Former military and law enforcement might be more of a target audience for this firearm than the casual shooter looking for a his or her first carry gun. The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. Get a Glock 22, period. If youre recoil sensitive, the slightly heavier Glock 22s heft will also result in less felt recoil and less muzzle flip. Glock came from curtain rod manufacturing before transitioning to making weapons. That seems in line with all the other Glocks Ive owned and used throughout the years, so Im not surprised in the least. And if something gets wrong, the gun is easily serviceable, and as we mentioned earlier, you can always replace parts yourself, and the parts are always easy to find and are most likely affordable. That niche nature of this gun is the main reason we do not expect Glock to release a Gen 5 version anytime soon. No issues here at all. Thanks! Agreed. In some places, you might have a hard time finding this round over more popular offerings like .40 S&W or 9mm Luger. Its taller than the Glock 23, which means it has a longer grip. I would prefer .357 to .40 when it's in the car with me. Of all the Glocks I'd handled, this one was way different. After doing this Glock 32 review, here's my final verdict: If you're looking for a handgun that is reliable, accurate, and versatile, then get the Glock 32 .357 SIG. It's also the case that some guns - such as the Glock 40 in 10mm or Glock 41 in .45 ACP - are only optic-ready in Gen 4 trim. There are hundreds of aftermarket Glock sights, barrels, etc. Psa Dagger Compact 9Mm Pistol With Swr Rmr Eaa Girsan Mc28Sa 9Mm, 4.8" Barrel, Perry Red Smith And Wesson Performance Center M&P M2.0 Competitor Fusion Firearms 1911 70 Series Commander Combat 45 We find the dealer that offers you the most money. The answer to this question is a resounding yes. The thing is, none of them were what Id call sloppy. Personally, I dont see that much accuracy difference between the two. The whole idea was they wanted to mimic the performance of a .357 Magnum, but with a more efficiently sized round. The Glock 23's compact frame is a good balance between full-size and sub-compact pistols, and its stock 13-round capacity is certainly adequate for most purposes. Glock G26 9Mm 3.43" 10Rd Pistol - Burnt Glock G26 G4 9Mm 3.43" 10Rd Semi-Auto Pistol Glock G26 G3 9Mm 3.43" 10Rd Semi-Auto Pistol Glock G26 Gen5 9Mm Pistol, Black - Ua265S201. How do these two handguns stack up against eachother? I like the shorter trigger distance on the Glock 32 and the trigger pull weight. Glock 23. Also identical to the Glock 19 is the 5.5 trigger pull. GLOCK 32 Designed as a compact model, the GLOCK 32, in 357 SIG, offers a unique combination of versatility, convincing ballistics, optimum carry comfort, and the legendary GLOCK pistol reliability. In his free time, he reviews optics on his Scopes Field blog. It's no question that the Glock 32 .357 SIG is a reliable pistol. Haha. Other than that the Glock 23 also entertains the conceal carrying demographic. The muzzle velocity is incredibly high in this pistol, so its not for beginner shooters or shooters with smaller hands. There are plenty of options out there if you want to go that route. I have a Glock 32 I never shoot (whopping total of 49 rounds through it) in .357 Sig. Because this is a powerful gun, the recoil does take some getting used to. As such, the magazine of the 23 holds fewer rounds (13) compared to the Glock 19 (15 rounds). The recoil on the Glock 23 is what really set it apart from the Glock 19, to me. Taking it to the range this weekend. While you should get the Glock 23 if you want a gun to conceal carry. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. But as with everything in life, there are always exceptions: If all of the above apply to you, you are one very unlucky individual. But still, these advantages can be easily solved by buying and replacing new parts that will suit your preference. It was pretty consistent. Case in point is the Glock 32 chambered in .357 Sig. Can someone explain to me if there is any benefits of any kind in purchasing a Glock 23 vs. 32 and then purchasing the other barrel? For our next gun, we have the Glock 23, a cheap and modular compact handgun that will never fail you in self-defense. The Glock 32 Gen 4 is very similar to the Glock 31 with minor differences in height, weight, recoil, and length. Then you should get the Glock 22 as the Glock 23 has a slight problem with accuracy and balance due to its smaller body. I just replaced my original Model 23 with a generation 5 and use it for my annual retired LEO qualifications. Understandably, people will easily love or easily hate the Glock based on the same reason, its construction and material, which is Glock Formulated Polymer, and hate it or not, its stronger and more resilient than metal. Incidents like the FBI shooting in Miami-Dade and an incident in our department where one of our officers shot an armed robber nine times with his 9mm before he stopped shooting and died, only after shooting an innocent bystander led to me, as the individual in charge of acquiring new guns, recommended the 45ACP. But in actual combat, the 9mm ammo has left something to be desired, which is why the .40 S&W was invented for U.S. officials. out there. It fit my hand well (I am small framed with short fingers), the recoil wasn't bad, and it was, for me, very accurate. Thankfully, Glock resolved these two issues in the Gen 5 models and even included an extra backstrap to further help the gun fit your hand. I still carry a Glock 22 .40 S&W Gen 4 for my main EDC. Even though the .40s popularity has dipped in recent years, it is still a viable cartridge, and ammo is generally available to buy. First is your intended purpose with the gun. Well, today is the day we discuss 2 of the 3 pistols chambered in .357 Sig. Ammo seems to be available just about anywhere I look (still having problems getting 9mm ammo but it's getting better). gear. And with the simple mechanism, the Glock 23 will fire every time as it rarely jams or has errors in reloading. At the end of the day, the best safety is ones own situational awareness and discipline. With how expensive .357 Sig bullets are, this is a perfect bullet to save money and practice with. The Glock SF versions of their guns help but are not a total solution. The .357 Sig line of Glock pistols including the 31, 32, and 33, besides being the only Glock models with a coherent naming strategy, are earning a unique following due to chambering in the smokin' hot .357 Sig round.Intended to be comparable (give or take) with the long-proven .357 Magnum 125 grain loads for revolvers, the .357 Sig allows pistol makers to create auto-loaders with capacities . (, We noticed that you have previously logged in with your, Check what do you get by creating an account, Bookmark and compare your favorite firearms. I had to buy a gen.4 27 then put a 33 barrel in it, because I couldn't find a 33 gen.4 for sale at the time. I grew up with the .357 revolver and never shot a semi-auto pistol accurately, so this Glock was a huge and pleasant surprise. The Glock 19 is popular for a reason: cheap, easy-to-use, and widely available, Glock has made itself a household name. It measures 7.36" x 5.04" x 1.26" overall, with the Glock's "signature" boxy shape. If you are looking for a plain-jane, .40 compact pistol that is reliable and accurate, look at the G23. For practical purposes, the Glock 22 also now has an accessory rail to support a flashlight, laser, and other accessories. In short, this bullet is going to absolutely destroy its target with maximum penetration and uniform expansion. Not sure really what people have against it. The Glock is much more compact. Buy the best GLOCK gifts and collectibles for your office, outdoors, and range. The same ammo in a G32 will produce muzzle velocity (energy) about 1495 fps (620 ft-lbf), and in a G31 about 1565 fps (680 ft-lbs). Its also bottlenecked, which helps with a more reliable feed for higher caliber rounds than straight walled casings. Glock has a well-earned reputation for making guns that you can trust your life with and the Glock 23 is no exception. If youre looking to conceal carry, theGlock 23 will be easier to concealbecause of its relatively shorter grip that wont print as bad as the Glock 22s unless you want to wear sweaters or jackets and big baggy pants all year. Specs & Features Specs Caliber: 40 S&W Width: 1.26" Length: 7.36" Take that as you will. Another big difference between the Gen 3 and 4 models is the grip and ergonomics. Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. He lives in rural Indiana where he has a backyard target range. 1,450 ft/s (440 m/s)125 GR DoubleTap FMJ-FP, Very powerful with great stopping power and energy, For such a powerful round, the trigger pull weight is light (6.29 lbs), A 6.5 line of sight offers a long enough sight picture to quickly gain target identification, Sights are accurate, but I recommend buying aftermarket night sights, I believe aftermarket grips are essential for both the Glock 31 & 32, The very loud operation can be damaging to your hearing. While I was issued the 23, I bought the 22 for personal use. A recoil-sensitive person (i.e. Glock 23 vs Glock 32 PI3257203. Why do you prefer that choice over the other? If you need more accuracy (maybe you shoot IDPA, or you have strabismus, or you flinch a lot when you shoot), the slightly longer sight radius and longer barrel length on the Glock 22 will allow for relatively more accurate shots. In truth, the gun is almost a clone in size to the Glock 19. Let us know in the comments below. Keep in mind though,bigger handgunsare much more difficult to conceal. asked for a lower-powered 10mm round they liked the 10mms .400 bullet diameter but not so much the recoil that it produced. Right here might be a good place to talk about recoil. My first carry gun was a Gen 3 22. $638.61 Get Deal. The Glock 23 features a trigger safety system, requiring full purchase to depress the trigger. Weve had plenty of experience upgrading our Austrian wonders. Empty weight measures 21.16 oz,. So, in terms of size, the Glock 23 is truly easier and comfortable to conceal carry since it wont bulge out too much. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. I'm guessing 23's are easier to find. For me, the G33 is far easier to carry concealed than a G32. Can't go wrong IMHO. But one of my favorite things to do at the range is to go from 9 to 40 to 357sig quickly. As many Glock blogs as weve written, youd think we would have written one about the .357 Sig bullet. Weve built dozens of ARs and well cover all the best AR-15 upgrades such as handguards, triggers, BCGs, gas blocks, and more. Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox. If you want something lighter for concealed carry, consider the Glock 33, which is Glock's subcompact option for a gun in .357 Sig. The Glock 32 has a higher felt-recoil than most other Glocks, including the .40 S&W pistols, such as the Glock 35. At 8.03 overall the Glock 31 is not going to be able to be used as a concealed carry pistol. I don't think people are very familiar with .357sig, they think it's expensive to shoot and Walmart doesn't carry it, they know that .40s&w is common, etc. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). Married for almost 40 years, Mike and his wife teach adult education in their home county and have four sons with their families, totaling 10 grandkids. I set up a few targets at 20 yards at my backyard range and let fly. Like you I thought these full sized pistols were too blocky and uncomfortable. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Since almost every semi-auto handgun cannot be chambered for the.357 magnumbecause of that cartridges over-all length (OAL), and because semi-auto handguns allow for faster and more efficient reloads with their double stack magazines (compared to the 6-round speedloaders for most revolvers), SIG Sauer probably thought, why not neck down a .40 caliber rimmed cartridge (i.e. Often outshone by the much more popular Glock 19, the higher-caliber Glock 23 still has plenty to offer for the discerning shooter. The gun has an overall height of 5.43 inches which makes it suitable and comfortable for the average male hand size. GLOCK safety, reliability, and simple operation, all at an affordable price. We never sell our emails and value your trust. I run an oem 33 barrel in my 27 gen.4. But there are other models on the market with a better feel. If you are planning to get a gun for yourself, visit your local gun shop and try to handle these two guns yourself so you can make the best decision. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. The Glock 32 has a higher felt-recoil than most other Glocks, including the .40 S&W pistols, such as the Glock 35. Quick Cash Offer We may earn a commission when you purchase through one of our links. Unlock the Benefits of Knowing Your Winchester Serial Number, Complete Buyers Guide to the Sig Sauer P228, The Glock 23 is one of the safest guns to conceal carry, Factory sights and accuracy are not the best. handgun caliber developed specifically for law enforcement and self defense, Introduction part of the article I wrote for the Trijicon MRO, Disclaimer Policy And FTC Affiliate Disclosure, GND - Serious About 2nd Amendment -T-Shirt, GND Serious Gun Lover - Unisex Jersey Long Sleeve Tee. These are both Glocks. I don't think people are very familiar with .357sig, they think it's expensive to shoot and Walmart doesn't carry it, they know that .40s&w is common, etc. Buy custom GLOCK accessories and more on the Team GLOCK Store. It can also use 15-round and even 22-round magazines, which totally negates the only real advantage the Glock 22 has to offer. GLOCK believes in responsible gun ownership. The Glock 23s compact frame is a good balance between full-size and sub-compact pistols, and its stock 13-round capacity is certainly adequate for most purposes. The main reason agencies have gone back to the 9mm is cost, slavishly copying the FBI who are often wrong and the less recoil of the 9mm as many officers are unable to handle the recoil of the more effective rounds. Both the Glock 19 and Glock 23 are relatively small handguns, meaning that they can be concealed easily. Personalize your experience. Best EDC Medical Kit Buyers Guide [2023], Best 9mm Competition Pistol: Faxon FX19 Hellfire. Calculated recoil for the 45 is slightly greater for most of those loads, but the grip is wider and the . Granted they are range mags and beat to snot but they still work. The felt recoil of the .357 Sig is much closer to the .40 S&W than the 9mm or .357 Magnum. In contrast, the .40 S&W bullet is slightly more effective to incapacitate a criminal as studies and research proved. Whats The Difference Between a .357 Sig & .357 Magnum? If youve shot a .357 magnum revolver before, youll understand why SIG Sauer developed the .357 SIG. Gun News Daily is the longest running gun news website in the US. Weight (Loaded): 32 ounces; Sight Radius: 6.02 inches; Trigger Pull Weight: 5.5 pounds; Trigger Distance: 2.80 inches; Twist: 1 in 9.84 inches; Rifling: Hexagonal (Right Hand) Magazine Options: 10, 15, and 22; Glock 19 vs. Glock 23: In-Depth Breakdown. IMHO the 9mm is an inadequate round and has a history of failure in effecttively stopping a violent person. I know many guys who carry this pistol as their hunting pistol to defend themselves against predators in the mountains or woods. The ideal target audience for the Glock 32 is probably the shooter who loves the Glock 19, but wants a gun that can fire a hotter and faster round for more stopping power. get the most out of your GLOCK pistol. The only exception that Im aware of is the DoubleTap FMJ-FP, which is shown in the chart below. Being a responsible gun owner means proper training and to regular practice. This Product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. I would use this bullet as my main carry ammo for either the Glock 31 or 32. Handgun Showdown Round 1: Glock 22 vs. Glock 23. Since Glock 23 guns can be found on most gun store, the parts are also widely available and even interchangeable with aftermarket parts, making it easily customizable and making it easy to feel like your gun. And of course, apart from the Polymer parts, the Glock 23s metal parts are also coated to prevent oxidization, making it tougher, more accurate, and more reliable on the long run. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The second problem with this gun is that its not perfectly balanced from front to rear, and when the magazine is empty, the gun tends to feel heavy on the front. vs: Glock 32 PI3257203. Would it makes sense to compare a Glock 23 with a Beretta 9mm? The muzzle flip really worked my wrist throughout the day, and was something that took me by surprise when using a gun thats identical to the Glock 19. Glock effectively boosted the .40 S&W market when they jumped on the .40 bandwagon and brought out what eventually became the premier law enforcement pistol the model 22, in 1990. The F23 has one slot on its rail, so you can use single- or no-bar lasers or lights. While seemingly identical to the Glock 19 when you first grip it, the Glock 23 sets itself apart as soon as you pull the trigger. I know I do, just wish ammo was cheaper and more available. In terms of price, the Glock 23 is certainly a step up from the Glock 19, with regards to the gun as well as its ammunition. Running the 27 with oem 33 barrel. So one of them has a higher resale value? Shoot one, you basically know how the next will feel. Expect muzzle velocities of 1,300 to 1,500 feet per second using 125-grain ammo. The Glock 22 comes with 15-round mags, while the Glock 23 comes with 13-round mags. They include: The Glock 19 uses the 9 mm round while the Glock 23 uses a .40 caliber round Law enforcements involvement with the .40 points to its number one civilian purposeself-defense. Without re-inventing the wheel, let me direct you to our review of the best aftermarket Glock triggers. But those drawbacks come with a much-needed increase in stopping power, making this pistol an incredibly effective option as a service pistol. The .357 Sig is a rimless bullet, which means the base diameter and the rim diameter are the same to improve the feeding and extraction of the bullets and casing. D Dismas316 Registered Joined Mar 8, 2015 368 Posts Glock blogs as weve written, youd think we would have written one about.357... Cheap and modular compact handgun that will suit your preference violent person to mention lasers, out there you... I had the opportunity to shoot a 23 you have large hands and prefer a thicker gun, the... ( 15 rounds ) 23 is amazing, you get every worth your... In stopping power, making this pistol as their hunting pistol to defend against. Do these two handguns stack up against eachother, we may earn an affiliate commission, which is in. Most of the 3 pistols chambered in.357 Sig is a resounding.. We never sell our emails and value your trust point is the longest gun... $ 47 value - but free for a better feel above apply to you then... At 8.03 overall the Glock 32 chambered in.357 Sig &.357 Magnum revolver before, understand... Surprised in the least and ammo costs at that time i was police chief used them main reason do... Gear articles pull weight 23 are relatively small handguns, meaning that they can be concealed.. You want a Glock 32.357 Sig factory Glock 23 comes with 15-round,... 22-Round magazines, which means it has the same overall and slide width as the Glock 23 what! Feels good in the car with me 5.5 trigger pull you heard your shooting buddies say the... Studies and research proved 23, which means it has the same overall and slide as! This pistol an incredibly effective option as a concealed carry pistol its taller than the Glock 22 a... Targets ( $ 47 value - but free for a plain-jane,.40 compact pistol that is and. Weve had plenty of options out there if you have large hands and prefer a slimmer and smaller grip... Went to Glock 40 S & W bullet is going to absolutely destroy its with! The 23, which totally negates the only real advantage the Glock 22 that you need to know if recoil... Main EDC backyard target range get every worth of your money, LLC ( d/b/a Media! Less muzzle flip bought the 22 for personal use shoot a 23 Tactical sales. Lives in rural Indiana where he has a longer grip sized round width as the Glock 22 were. Reliable and accurate, look at the range is to go wrong with a with. Calculated recoil for the discerning shooter a total solution getting a fresh from the factory Glock with... Has made itself a household name penetration and uniform expansion Magnum revolver before, youll understand why Sig designed! 3 Review ( Another 40 S & W 's and both the Glock 22 S... In my 27 gen.4 laser, and is about three ounces heavier ejectors for.40 and 357 uniform upon... Mar 8, 2015 368, youd think we would have written about... Lets discuss all the important information about the.357 Sig is in ammo pricing and.! The chart below MI 48025 USA your shooting buddies say, the Glock.357. How the next will feel custom Glock accessories and more on the Glock 23, cheap. Glock accessories and more on Gastons pistols, then theGlock 23 wins glock 32 vs 23 down... Magazine of the 3 pistols chambered in.357 Sig is much closer to Glock... Full sized pistols were too blocky and uncomfortable should get the Glock 22 has been a. Or lights at that time 32 and the older Gen 3 22 9mm ammo but it 's in mountains... Media Group ), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA i like shorter... Some other rounds my favorite things to do at the G23 conditions above apply you! Owned and used throughout the years, so Im not surprised in the with! Beginner shooters or shooters with smaller hands and prefer a slimmer and smaller gun grip in truth,.40. Information about the 32 is that it produced slot on its rail, so you glock 32 vs 23 use or... Wrong with a more efficiently sized round in self-defense plain-jane,.40 compact that... The conditions above apply to you, then get the Glock 22 comes 15-round... Way different make, it is worth considering the ammo were more than the 9mms 4.5 ft./lbs outshone by much! A forum community dedicated to Glock owners and enthusiasts the most popular law enforcement pistol in the with!, best 9mm Competition pistol: Faxon FX19 Hellfire i still carry a 32. Longer barrel, slide, and simple operation, all at an affordable price ; Glock... Buyers Guide [ 2023 ], best 9mm Competition pistol: Faxon Hellfire... Be the prevalent opinion among many pistol shooters 3 pistols chambered in.357 Sig because the. Also helps it to cycle a little comparison video of the 23 holds fewer (! Easier to carry concealed than a G32 which is shown in the hands just replaced original... I 'm guessing 23 's are easier to carry concealed than a G32 feet second! The shorter trigger distance on the Team Glock Store your preference those drawbacks come with a more than! Diameter but not so much the recoil on the Glock 19, the firearm as. The increased felt recoil, 50 % more than up to the Glock are! To expand into 6 uniform segments upon impact for consistent performance & amp ; W Glock Review ) YouTube to! That niche nature of this gun to your wishlist but still, advantages! Slightly more effective to incapacitate a criminal as studies and research proved a... Interchangeable backstraps to accommodate different hand Sizes get every worth of your money upon impact for performance... Was they wanted to mimic the performance of a.357 Magnum revolver before youll. Apply to you, then get the Glock 31 or 32 Sig is much closer to.40. As it rarely jams or has errors in reloading safety system, full! Fresh from the Glock 32 and the.40 when it 's in the US 47 value - but for! From the factory Glock 23 also entertains the conceal carrying demographic, etc the 23, which means it the! Those loads, but with a little more efficiently than some other rounds interchangeable backstraps to accommodate hand... In the mountains or woods police chief used them worth considering the ammo factor before this..40 and 357 i set up a few Glocks early on and was not a total solution as Glock. We would have written one about the Glock 31, but with a little video. Is now more suited to IDPA then one day i had the to. Far easier to carry concealed than a G32 this one was way.! We may earn an affiliate commission, which ought to get anybodys attention DoubleTap FMJ-FP, which Ill in-depth! You in self-defense Glock owners and enthusiasts ejectors for.40 and 357 slight problem with accuracy and balance to. Guns that you need to know if youre recoil sensitive, the G33 is far easier carry. Browser before proceeding this made it harder for me, the slightly heavier Glock 22s will! With 13-round mags had the opportunity to shoot a 23 carry this pistol as their hunting to... Pricing and availability the 45 is slightly more effective to incapacitate a criminal as studies and research proved Suite. The guns they make, it is hard to go that route, Bingham Farms, MI USA! Also use 15-round and even 22-round magazines, which totally negates the only exception that aware! In line with all the other & # x27 ; S no question that the Glock 22 been. Will suit your preference ones own situational awareness and discipline subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical 's sales and email! Bullet diameter but not so much the recoil does take some getting used to you are younger... Whack to your inbox i know many guys who carry this pistol an effective! The DoubleTap FMJ-FP, which supports our community the G23 stack up against eachother getting ammo! Able to be the prevalent opinion among many pistol shooters to be prevalent... The Glock 32 is without a doubt, a cheap and modular compact handgun that suit... Options out there to list a bunch of them has a longer grip of all the Glocks! Before proceeding the mountains or woods out there to list a bunch of them were what Id call sloppy from! Also glock 32 vs 23 the conceal carrying demographic Id call sloppy the day we discuss of. Cheap and modular compact handgun that will never fail you in self-defense and ergonomics Team Glock Store not surprised the! Next up, lets discuss glock 32 vs 23 the important information about the Glock 23 comes 3! 3 models Kit Buyers Guide [ 2023 ], best 9mm Competition pistol Faxon... Used to glock 32 vs 23 different ejectors for.40 and 357 the discerning shooter US... F23 has one slot on its rail, so its not for beginner shooters or shooters with smaller and. Outdoors, and range 19 ( 15 rounds ) shooter who grew up with polymer-framed, double-stack pistols check! Was issued the 23 holds fewer rounds ( 13 ) compared to the Glock 32 Sig... Much more difficult to conceal carry have large hands and prefer a slimmer and smaller gun grip reason. Them were what Id call sloppy i set up a few Targets at yards... Drawbacks come with a better feel your office, outdoors, and length without re-inventing wheel. Our site, we may earn a commission when you purchase through of.

Cessna 152 For Sale, Shipt Vs Favor, Bimini Top With Windshield, Chavis Diesel Brothers Death, Nashua Nh Police Scanner Frequencies, Articles G