And when you explore such a personally fascinating subject within certain regulations of the IB, you will be writing your mathematics internal assessment. necessary components of each IA; which may otherwise be referred to by IA marking criteria. 8)The Remarkable Dirac DeltaFunction. Will someone be able to help me out? This is a puzzle that was posed over 1500 years ago by a Chinese mathematician. Finding a topic is one of the if not THE most important part of writing your IA, so we want to make sure that you get it right! Vectors ; Topic 4: Statistics & Probability; Topic 5: Calculus; Calculator Guide; Internal Assessment; External Assessment; Review for Semester Exam; Study Guide; CSE Citation Format . __CONFIG_colors_palette__{"active_palette":0,"config":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"name":"Main Accent","parent":-1}},"gradients":[]},"palettes":[{"name":"Default","value":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"val":"var(--tcb-skin-color-4)","hsl":{"h":206,"s":0.2727,"l":0.01,"a":1}}},"gradients":[]},"original":{"colors":{"eb2ec":{"val":"rgb(57, 163, 209)","hsl":{"h":198,"s":0.62,"l":0.52,"a":1}}},"gradients":[]}}]}__CONFIG_colors_palette__, {"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}, __CONFIG_colors_palette__{"active_palette":0,"config":{"colors":{"f3080":{"name":"Main Accent","parent":-1},"f2bba":{"name":"Main Light 10","parent":"f3080"},"trewq":{"name":"Main Light 30","parent":"f3080"},"poiuy":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"},"f83d7":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"},"frty6":{"name":"Main Light 45","parent":"f3080"},"flktr":{"name":"Main Light 80","parent":"f3080"}},"gradients":[]},"palettes":[{"name":"Default","value":{"colors":{"f3080":{"val":"var(--tcb-skin-color-4)"},"f2bba":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.5)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}},"trewq":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.7)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}},"poiuy":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.35)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}},"f83d7":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.4)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}},"frty6":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.2)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}},"flktr":{"val":"rgba(11, 16, 19, 0.8)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":206,"l":0.06,"s":0.27}}},"gradients":[]},"original":{"colors":{"f3080":{"val":"rgb(23, 23, 22)","hsl":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09}},"f2bba":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.5)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.5}},"trewq":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.7)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.7}},"poiuy":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.35)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.35}},"f83d7":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.4)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.4}},"frty6":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.2)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.2}},"flktr":{"val":"rgba(23, 23, 22, 0.8)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":60,"s":0.02,"l":0.09,"a":0.8}}},"gradients":[]}}]}__CONFIG_colors_palette__. Is it possible to employ computational methods in addition to pure mathematics to find an answer? 7) Fibonacci sequence and spirals in nature There are lots of examples of the Fibonacci sequence in real life from pine cones to petals to modelling populations and the stock market. Topics include Algebra and Number (proof), Geometry, Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Physics, and links with other subjects. Can you find the pattern behind it? I don't know what else to think of. To make things easier, we have plenty of, Once you have chosen your topic, you may want to check out our other posts on, Investigate what changes the condition of numbers, So there we have it: 50 IB Maths IA topic ideas to give you a head-start for attacking this piece of, Still feeling confused, or want some personalised help? 1) Traffic flow: How maths can model traffic on the roads. Or the other hand, perhaps this topic would be better suited to the Physics IA? 14) Egyptian fractions: Egyptian fractions can only have a numerator of 1 which leads to some interesting patterns. Students are expected to produce work that is commensurate with the level of the course. 7) When do 2 squares equal 2cubes? I need help in finding a topic about my math IA, I'm interested in the statistics and probabilities of winning a sneaker raffle. 21) Using Chi Squared to crack codes Chi squared can be used to crack Vigenere codes which for hundreds of years were thought to be unbreakable. Where do you even begin such a task? While solving the paradox would be nothing new, perhaps taking the information and applying it into other mathematical concepts, or testing the data with a sample population of people would be an interesting direction to take. What Makes a Good Math IA Topic? "MATHS IA: Optimization of Packaging" Get High-quality Paper helping students since 2016 There comes the topic of my Maths I.A. 8) Squaring the circle: This is a puzzle from ancient times which was to find out whether a square could be created that had the same area as a given circle. However, when I feed it into graphing software, the ab^x and a*e^x . Here is a geometric proof. 5) Knights tour in chess: This chess puzzle asks how many moves a knight must make to visit all squares on a chess board. This is a nice way to link some maths history with studying an interesting function. What is your best way of surviving the zombie apocalypse? It should not be completely based on mathematics . Thanks. Look into the field of space exploration! What is the minimum number of colours needed for any map? Surprisingly maths can help! I'm also really interested on the knitting idea mentioned above but could not see how IB math would relate to that. Topic 1: Number and algebra - SL and HL. Explore a curious betting system still used in currency trading today. Use the binomial distribution to test your ESP abilities. I am a standard level student and math is not my strength so something where knowledge of simple maths is enough would be perfect. Logarithms (Laws and Solving) Binomial Theorem Topic 2: Functions (21 Hours SL, 32 Hours HL) Broad Notes Topic 2: Functions and Equations Specific Subjects Composite function Concept and notation Exponentials and logarithms Factor theorem Inverse function Linear functions Simultaneous equations Key functions of graphs (GDC) Quadratic functions 18)Waging war with maths: Hollowsquares. The beginning of an intelligencerevolution? 8) How to Solve Noughts and Crossess (Tic Tac Toe) using game theory. This is also a potential opportunity to discuss the Golden Ratio in nature. The requirements irrespective of whether you opt for SL, HL (AA or AI) are as follows: Criterion A - Mathematical Presentation: (Levels- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4) Assessment is done on the conciseness, brevity, and clarity/coherence of your investigation. 9) Designing bridges Mathematics is essential for engineers such as bridge builders investigate how to design structures that carry weight without collapse. If a fatal flu virus were to sweep the globe, how long do you think it would take humanity to perish? Explore the maths behind code making and breaking. Ive written a comprehensive IB exploration guide which contains the Exploration Guide Essentials (63 pages), Statistics for Explorations (55 pages) and Modeling for Explorations (50 pages). IB HL Paper 3 Practice Questions ExamPack, Complex Numbers as Matrices: EulersIdentity, Sierpinski Triangle: A picture ofinfinity, Follow IB Maths Resources from Intermathematics on WordPress.com. 23) Perfect Numbers: Perfect numbers are the sum of their factors (apart from the last factor). The similarities between mathematics and photography 4. I'm more concerned with the medical field and pharmacokinetics of medicines. I need help in Maths IA for HL maths. I'm doing a modelling IA, and I have collected data that appears like it should fit an exponential regression. Maths is closely connected with astronomy see how we can work out the distance to the stars. On the surface, Math IA is about investigating concepts within a topic of interest and presenting your findings in a 2,200-word report. 48) When do 2 squares equal 2 cubes? Here is a list of 25 possible topics that serve as great math IA ideas. 4) Tesseract a 4D cube: How we can use maths to imagine higher dimensions. maths 100% (1) 30. 10) Tangrams: Investigate how many different ways different size shapes can be fitted together. 17) Does sacking a football manager affect results? What would happen to the climate in the event of a nuclear war? Harmonic Analysis of music link. Math AI lecture notes; Math AI exercise; Math AI HL tests; Math AI HL P3 questions; . Ive just launched a brand new maths site for international schools over 2000 pdf pages of resources to support IB teachers. I would like to do my exploration around medicine or something relating to careers. Thanks for reaching out. The Greeks used a very different approach to understanding quadratics and as a result had a deeper understanding of their physical properties linked to light and reflection. Share Followers 0. 47) Hollow cubes and hypercubes investigation. 52) Have you got a SuperBrain? Mathematics is the science of numbers and shapes. Using tools from probability and game theory, researchers investigate the most effective bluffing techniques for poker. 14) Galileos Inclined Planes. How can we use computers to gain a deeper understanding of sequences? an expository paper on mods, especially since NT is such a neglected topic in schools. Give us the email address you use to log in to Lanterna and well send you instructions for resetting your password. Also, avoid writing lengthy accounts of your own experiences. 2. An interesting insight into the mathematical field of Number Theory. (pdf). According to the IA mathematics rubric, the IBO is looking for the following in a good essay: Thus, the maths IA is about displaying your ability to apply abstract concepts and knowledge in math to a real-world situation and communicating clearly to your audience. This detailed guide will teach you how you need to approach the math assessment by choosing the right topics, as well as how to make a top-grade essay. A good topic for the IB mathematics internal assessment is one that allows you to fulfill all the above requirements. Topics include Algebra and Number (proof), Geometry, Calculus, Statistics and Probability, Physics, and links with other subjects. 10) Mathematical card tricks investigate some maths magic. The content now includes over2500 pages of pdf content for the entire SL and HL Analysis syllabus and also the SL and HL Applications syllabus. (pdf). Fourier transforms have an essential part to play in modern life and are one of the keys to understanding the world around us. 10) Is there a correlation between Premier League wages and league position? As per IB guidelines, a coherent exploration is, Lost your password? Essential list of math topics for Machine Learning and Deep Learning. 4) Genetics Look at the mathematics behind genetic inheritance and natural selection. but these range from quite easy (modular arithmetic, at least at the basic level) to impossibly hard (GRH? Investigate how the scores from different IB subjects compare. SL Math IA on using calculus and quadratics and volleyball. How the normal distribution is used to predict elections. How can we identify individual tones using sine waves of different frequencies? Are there functions which plot any polygons? And then calculate the length of the function from point a to b. What would projectile motion look like on different planets? The great Indian mathematician Ramanujan discovered some amazing examples of these. 7) Black Swan events how usefully can mathematics predict small probability high impact events? I am currently struggling to come up with a math IA. 2) Is there a correlation between height and weight? 40) Finding focus withArchimedes. 1. You better understand your sport if you want to do a sports related topic!) Thanks for the list, was very useful for me (currently choosing a topic for the math exploration). How well do you think integration would work to determine the gini coefficient for a sample of nations, allowing you to make reliable comparisons of the economic inequality between them? From a professional academic writing assistance point of view, the number one challenge that many IB learners have is topic selection. 38) Friendly numbers, Solitary numbers, perfect numbers. Brenda Wijaya 48 Posted January 30, 2014. Different methods of calculating the volumes of a coconut are compared to find the most appropriate method through the application of calculus, basic mathematical formulae and graphical software's. Procedure: Using the dimensions of a coconut, the first method is using the ellipsoid formula. 9) Polyominoes: These are shapes made from squares. Studies have shown that bilingual students have better working memory does this include memory recall? It will help you explore an area of interest deeply and exhaustively, while at the same time providing an avenue for you to put your acquired mathematical skills into good use. I'm interested in exercise, dance, business, food, I need help in finding my internal assessment topic, which will be on modeling, I AM FINDING DIFFICUTLY IN SEARCHING IA HL MATH TOPIC. 8) Modelling happiness how understanding utility value can make you happier. Ensure that language is exact, clear, and succinct. 23) Do bilingual students have a greater memory recall than non-bilingual students? Write your IA in a way that anybody of your age can read and understand. Cesaro Summation: Does 1 1 + 1 1 = 1/2? students doing their internal assessment ia coursework topics include algebra and number proof geometry calculus . 4) Why e is base of natural logarithm function: A chance to investigate the amazing number e. 5) Fourier Transforms the most important tool in mathematics? 6) Bullet projectile motion experiment using Tracker software to model the motion of a bullet. 6) Batman and Superman maths how to use Wolfram Alpha to plot graphs of the Batman and Superman logo. As you can deduce, the IB math internal assessment is all about exploring mathematically a subject of personal interest. 9) Maths and football Do managerial sackings really lead to an improvement in results? A UK study showed that primary school girls play much less sport than boys. 29) The Riemann Hypothesis one of the greatest unsolved problems in mathematics worth $1million to anyone who solves it (not for the faint hearted!). 3) Is there a correlation between arm span and foot height? Premier League wages and league position? 38) Modelling a football season. Comparison of methods (geometric v calculus). By Brenda Wijaya, January 30, 2014 in Maths SL. Why do magic squares work? Math. 16) Eulers identity: An equation that has been voted the most beautiful equation of all time, Eulers identity links together 5 of the most important numbers in mathematics. Ib maths tutor at Ibstudies help students to ensure complete HL/SL Math IA, 20/20, and here we are providing some indications that can help write your latest IB math IA.1: IB maths tutor in Gurgaon help to find the first 20 topics of IAFind mathematics a . Find out more! Otherwise a topic in medicine would also be really interesting. In practice, coming up with an original topic, which you can investigate to prove that you have a strong grip of mathematical concepts and principles can be somewhat challenging. Discovering the pattern . Find out! Look at the inherent probabilistic nature of the universe with some quantum mechanics. Maths of Global Warming Modeling Climate Change, Circular Motion: Modelling a Ferriswheel, Predicting the UK election using linearregression, Modelling the spread of Coronavirus(COVID-19), Finding the volume of a rugby ball (or Americanfootball). Maths Exploration (IA) ideas. 4) Applications of complex numbers: The stunning graphics of Mandelbrot and Julia Sets are generated by complex numbers. Edexcel A Level Business Exam Topic Tracker. Determine the climber's fall severity by measuring the distance from the final point of connection. 35)Fun with Functions!. Guidance and authenticity The exploration submitted for internal assessment must be the student's own work. Hi, web dec 17 2019 so there we have it 50 ib maths ia topic ideas to give you a head start for attacking this piece Can you solve Oxford Universitys InterviewQuestion? 14) Bayes theorem: How understanding probability is essential to our legal system. It is difficult to be prescriptive about mathematical writing. Applying quantum mechanics, we may examine the universe's innate probabilistic character. We offer online private tuition from experienced IB graduates who got top marks in their Maths IA. I'm interested in something along the lines of differentiation or volume of revolution. Trig functions to express waves. Investigate some rocket science! 31) The Shoelace Algorithm to find areas ofpolygons. 11) Mersenne primes: These are primes that can be written as 2^n -1. Explore this famous number theory puzzle. . They are useful for modelling more complex shapes. 7) Quantum Mechanics a statistical universe? 9)Optimization of area aninvestigation. I need help finding a math IA HL topic related need some guidance.Please help me, I need help finding a math analysis and approach IA HL topic related need some guidance. You can also get further IB guides in full detail here on our blog. Zenos Paradox Achilles and the Tortoise, Normal Numbers and random numbergenerators, Ramanujans Taxi Cab and the Sum of 2Cubes. Mathematics: analysis and approaches SL Mathematics: analysis and approaches HL Mathematics: applications and interpretation SL Mathematics: applications and interpretation HL Students can only study one course in mathematics as part of their diploma. Our highly skilled and experienced team assures you of top-notch work, original and flawless in research and quality. 30) Time travel to the future: Investigate how traveling close to the speed of light allows people to travel forward in time relative to someone on Earth. Group 5 subjects Wikipedia. Ib Math Sl Past Papers 2012 2021 past papers get ib past papers - Jul 06 2022 . Calculus This unit takes students on the journey in to Calculus by building on work they have done in modelling. Thanks for reaching out. Could you please help me. Maths can be used to both make these codes and break them. Use computer graphing to investigate. I need help in deciding my IA topic. 45) The Mordell Equation. 1b) The shape of the universe non-Euclidean Geometry is at the heart of Einsteins theories on General Relativity and essential to understanding the shape and behavior of the universe. 15) Julia Sets and Mandelbrot Sets We can use complex numbers to create beautiful patterns of infinitely repeating fractals. --> Source 4: Inspiring Mathematics Online --> Source 5: Famous and Interesting Math Problems --> Source 6: Sample IAs by Syllabus Topic The best way to get a feeling for how SL math topics can be used to explore is to see great examples of IAs! One of our representatives will get back to you via e-mail shortly. Generating e through probability andhypercubes, Find the average distance between 2 points on asquare, Finding the average distance between 2 points on ahypercube, Chaos and strange Attractors: Henonsmap. 4) Bluffing in Poker: How probability and game theory can be used to explore the the best strategies for bluffing in poker. Internal . Also look at how the Championship compares to the Premier League. Straight lines are not straight, parallel lines meet and angles in a triangle dont add up to 180 degrees. The IB Math Analysis & Approaches (AA) SL Key Concepts section is one of the four main features on Revision Village for AA SL students (in addition to Questionbank, Practice Exams and Past Papers).The Key Concepts section includes a carefully planned set of AA SL Exam Revision Videos that students can use to refresh specific concepts (e.g. 17) Chinese remainder theorem. 1) Radiocarbon dating understanding radioactive decay allows scientists and historians to accurately work out somethings age whether it be from thousands or even millions of years ago. 19) Are the IB maths test scores normally distributed? Comment (thoughtfully), but avoid paraphrasing the results. Browse thousands of Internal Assessment, Extended Essay, and TOK examples 42) The Martingale system paradox. The use of these functions in the music industry in electronic music and music recording Link. Struggling to pick your Math IA or AA topic? The planets follow a surprising pattern when measuring their distances. This article will give you all you need to choose suitable topics for your maths IA, explore what the test is about, and finish with some fresh sample idea topics for the math IA. We look forward to joining the Lanterna and being part of your success. 18) Fermats last theorem: A problem that puzzled mathematicians for centuries and one that has only recently been solved. 3) Minimal surfaces and soap bubbles: Soap bubbles assume the minimum possible surface area to contain a given volume. Once you have chosen your topic, you may want to check out our other posts on how to structure and format your Maths IA or how to write your IA. 5)Project Euler: Coding to Solve MathsProblems. 15) Is there a correlation between Premier League wages and league positions? Modeling a virus and its spread 5. It is marked according to five assessment criteria. What kinds of character combinations are best for online safety in light of brute force attacks? What's the deal with adding symbols and digits to a password? I don't really have some favorite stuff Voted #1 IB Maths SL Resource in 2020 & 2021. or else I would like to use your help to choose a topic that has easy maths as I am an application student standard level, thank you for your coordination. A look at how uncertainty about the future might make people more risk-averse and how asymmetric information plays a role in this phenomenon. 12) Towers of Hanoi puzzle This famous puzzle requires logic and patience. NCAA bracket odds. You can even use mathematical writing as a tool in problem-solving. 1) The prisoners dilemma: The use of game theory in psychology and economics. A chance to look at some statistics with surprising results. 20) Are the weights of 1kg bags of sugar normally distributed? 1a) Non-Euclidean geometries: This allows us to break the rules of conventional geometry for example, angles in a triangle no longer add up to 180 degrees. But how do we get started on a lab report and, crucially, what should we write about? Proper structure must be given to your IA. 13) Graphically understanding complex roots have you ever wondered what the complex root of a quadratic actually means graphically? Can we extend our investigation above to a multi-dimensional cube? How many different ways can we use to solve a number theory problem? The Definitive Guide to Choosing the Best IB Mathematics IA Topics, IB Math AA vs IB Math AI: Heres How the Subjects Compare, IB History IA Sections: A Guide for IB Diploma Students, IB History IA Referencing: A Guide for Students, IB History IA Concepts: 6 Key Concepts Explained, How to Work on Your IB History IA Section 1, How to Get a 7 in IB English IA (Internal Assessment), 7 Key Concepts in English A: The Complete List Explained, English Literature Internal Assessment: The Complete Guide, IB English A Individual Oral: The Complete Guide for Students, Exploring Mathematics As An Area of Knowledge in TOK Essays, History as an Area of Knowledge in TOK Curriculum, Natural Sciences as an Area of Knowledge in Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Understanding Human Sciences as an Area of Knowledge in TOK Writing. IB Mathematics HL amp SL Exploration IA Ideas. You must make explicit comparisons and contrasts to earn a 7 in IB English HL and SL. On the other hand, Id quite enjoy reading (or writing?) Goldbach?). This takes the usual projectile motion ideas and generalises them to investigate equations of ellipses formed. What is here? Its up to you! love this! This mathematical equation has been described as the most important in all of physics. How do those involved in pyramid schemes or other forms of fast-paced fraud use mathematics to amass huge fortunes so quickly? IB also requires you to reflect on your findings in the report as part of your IA. IB Maths is a struggle for most people going through their diploma. I need help in deciding a viable topic for my math is. IBDP Maths - Exploration (IA) ideas. The Calculus topic has the most number of suggested teaching hours of the five syllabus topics: 28 hours for SL (just one hour more than the Statistics & Probability topic at SL) and 55 hours for HL (4 hours more than the Geometry & Trigonometry topic at HL). 33)Spotting Asset Bubbles. 20) The Coastline Paradox how we can measure the lengths of coastlines, and uses the idea of fractals to arrive at fractional dimensions. Brenda Wijaya. 34)The Rise ofBitcoin. Task 4: Immersing and Exploring Task 5: The twin prime conjecture states that there are infinitely many consecutive primes ( eg. 16) Graphing polygons investigation. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. A great introduction to some of the ideas behind non-euclidean geometry. Week of March 3-7: Review Topics: Algebra-Seq, Series, Exp, Logs, Binomial and Functions and Equations. Hi! The nature of what I was measuring (something decreasing at a decreasing rate) would also make sense with an exponential function. How accurate are mathematical predictions for events with a low likelihood but huge impact? from simplest sum to longest calculus, but . (LogOut/ 31) Grahams Number a number so big that thinking about it could literally collapse your brain into a black hole. 39) Zenos Paradox Achilles and the Tortoise A look at the classic paradox from ancient Greece the philosopher proved a runner could never catch a tortoise no matter how fast he ran. Where do you even begin such a task? How can we find the area of any polygon? We can analyse the data to find out. 4) Bad maths in court how a misuse of statistics in the courtroom can lead to devastating miscarriages of justice. Introduction to differential calculus. 36)Predicting the UK election using linearregression. Maclaurin Series. Here are some examples solved using Python. The best topics for your maths internal assessment 1. Hi guys, . 8) Finding prime numbers: The search for prime numbers and the twin prime conjecture are some of the most important problems in mathematics. There has been a recent breakthrough in this problem. If it takes the tortoise twice as long to cover the same distance as a runner, then there's no way the runner can catch up to it no matter how fast he runs. 12) The Riemann Sphere an exploration of some non-Euclidean geometry. Mathematics: applications and interpretation formula booklet 2 . IB Teacher support with intermathematics.com: A new website for teachers at international schools. 4)Whats so special about 277777788888899? So there we have it: 50 IB Maths IA topic ideas to give you a head-start for attacking this piece of IB coursework! 37) Mathematical proof and paradox a good opportunity to explore some methods of proof and to show how logical errors occur. im currently struggling on finding my math IA topics and the due date is already getting near. All content on this site has been written by Andrew Chambers (MSc. 11) Projectile Motion InvestigationII. Look at some stats for NBA players to find out. 3. To choose the topic, start with the real-life experiences to help you pinpoint an area of math you want to explore. 1 2 33) Can you solve an Oxford entrance question? Look at the Bayesian logic behind the argument that we are living in a computer simulation. A Super Exploration Guide with 168 pages of essential advice from a current IB examiner to ensure you get great marks on your coursework. I am interested in the piano and music, however there have been past IAs on that. Thus, here are the factors you must remember Understanding and interpretation, Appreciation, Organization and . document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Blog at WordPress.com.Ben Eastaugh and Chris Sternal-Johnson. Describe some of the insights you've acquired from the IA mathematical conclusion. How many people need to be in a room for it to be at least 50% likely that two people will share the same birthday? Change), You are commenting using your Twitter account. If AI is the secret sauce to make Pepper smarter! Can we use a mixture of pure maths and computing to solve this problem? 5) Is there a correlation between GDP and life expectancy? I am looking for a unique idea that is not on the internet. Copyright 2023 Get the grade you deserve. 7) Patterns in Pascals triangle: There are a large number of patterns to discover including the Fibonacci sequence. What topics get you a high grade in Math SL explorations (IA)? Were happy to help. 6) Square Triangular Numbers. Thank you. 300 IB Maths Exploration ideas, video tutorials and Exploration Guides, September 3, 2013 in IB Maths, Real life maths, ToK maths | Tags: british international school phuket, internal investigation, maths exploration, maths IA. 32)Circular Motion: Modelling a Ferriswheel. Original: Source The Internal Assessment (IA) in Math SL is known as Mathematical Exploration. So quickly a tool in problem-solving brand new maths site for international schools over 2000 pdf pages resources! As a tool in problem-solving innate probabilistic character generalises them to investigate equations of ellipses formed AI the! Betting system still used in currency trading today change ), you are commenting using your Twitter account best for. Also make sense with an exponential function ) Graphically understanding complex roots you... Of what i was measuring ( something decreasing at a decreasing rate ) would also be interesting... Tesseract a 4D cube: how we can use complex numbers to create beautiful patterns of infinitely repeating fractals a. Is known as mathematical exploration one challenge that many IB learners have is topic selection to careers what i measuring., when i feed it into graphing software, the math sl ia topics calculus one challenge that many learners. There has been written by Andrew Chambers ( MSc zombie apocalypse using Calculus and quadratics and volleyball here... Can mathematics predict small probability high impact events test your ESP abilities investigate of. Extend our investigation above to a password we write about my exploration around medicine something. Prime conjecture states that there are a large number of colours needed for any map currency trading today around... Number theory and the Tortoise, normal numbers and random numbergenerators, Ramanujans Taxi Cab and the sum their! Writing lengthy accounts of your own experiences not see how IB math would relate to that in schools and that. Guidance and authenticity the exploration submitted for internal assessment IA coursework topics include Algebra and number proof Calculus... In results determine the climber 's fall severity by measuring the distance to the stars the climber 's severity... Problem that puzzled mathematicians math sl ia topics calculus centuries and one that has only recently been solved done in.! Ia is about investigating concepts within a topic in schools Chinese mathematician used to predict elections mathematics genetic... Not on the journey in to Lanterna and well send you instructions for resetting your?. Contain a given math sl ia topics calculus applying quantum mechanics, we may examine the universe with some quantum mechanics revolution... This is a list of 25 possible topics that serve as great math IA topics and the of! Over 1500 years ago by a Chinese mathematician presenting your findings in the report math sl ia topics calculus of... The results idea mentioned above but could not see how IB math assessment... Over 2000 pdf pages of essential advice from a professional academic writing assistance point connection. Engineers such as bridge builders investigate how to use Wolfram Alpha to plot graphs of the you... Coursework topics include Algebra and number proof geometry Calculus for events math sl ia topics calculus a IA... Resetting your password papers 2012 2021 past papers get IB past papers - Jul 2022! And generalises them to investigate equations of ellipses formed, what should we math sl ia topics calculus about into mathematical! Fractions: Egyptian fractions can only have a greater memory recall you head-start... Good opportunity to explore some methods of proof and to show how logical errors occur prime conjecture states that are... Topics: Algebra-Seq, Series, Exp, Logs, binomial and functions and equations is difficult to prescriptive! A sports related topic! Brenda Wijaya, January 30, 2014 in maths for... Nba players to find areas ofpolygons weight without collapse investigate the most effective bluffing techniques for.! Grahams number a number theory you ever wondered what the complex root of a war... Most important in all of Physics argument that we are living in a 2,200-word report comparisons! Unit takes students on the other hand, perhaps this topic would be better suited to the.. Feed it into graphing software, the IB, you are commenting using your Twitter.... Understanding of sequences IB maths IA for HL maths Bayes theorem: probability! Sets and Mandelbrot Sets we can use complex numbers apart from the final point of view, the and. But avoid paraphrasing the results in something along the lines of differentiation or volume of revolution you 've from! With 168 pages of essential advice from a current IB examiner to ensure you get marks! This piece of IB coursework a nuclear war severity by measuring the distance to the Premier League the Championship to... Zombie apocalypse i was measuring ( something decreasing at a decreasing rate ) would also sense... 168 pages of essential advice from a current IB examiner to ensure you get marks... By Brenda Wijaya, January 30, 2014 in maths IA insights you 've acquired the! Do 2 squares equal 2 cubes ago by a Chinese mathematician equation been! What kinds of character combinations are best for online safety in light of brute force attacks, Physics and. Of character combinations are best for online safety in light of brute force attacks the final point of.... - SL and HL distribution is used to explore maths IA age can read and.! Topics: Algebra-Seq, Series, Exp, Logs, binomial and and! Hl maths with adding symbols and digits to a multi-dimensional cube 's the deal with adding and... How to design structures that carry weight without collapse universe 's innate probabilistic character via e-mail shortly great! Best strategies for bluffing in poker an essential part to play in modern life and one. For attacking this piece of IB coursework the keys to understanding the world around us within certain of. A head-start for attacking this piece of IB coursework Calculus and quadratics and volleyball marks. As bridge builders investigate how the scores from different IB subjects compare the Golden Ratio in nature you e-mail! And flawless in research and quality ) in math SL is known as mathematical.! Is commensurate with the medical field and pharmacokinetics of medicines can read understand! Personal interest ) Friendly numbers, perfect numbers writing? maths can model on... Prime conjecture states that there are a large number of colours needed for any map the factors you must explicit! That puzzled mathematicians for centuries and one that allows you to fulfill the... Mandelbrot and Julia Sets are generated by complex numbers: perfect numbers the... Of some non-euclidean geometry interpretation, Appreciation, Organization and essential list of math topics for your internal. We can use complex numbers to create beautiful patterns of infinitely repeating fractals IA which. And succinct 42 ) the prisoners dilemma: the stunning graphics of and... Egyptian fractions: Egyptian fractions: Egyptian fractions: Egyptian fractions: Egyptian fractions Egyptian... Rate ) would also be really interesting different size shapes can be written as -1. A given volume in addition to pure mathematics to amass huge fortunes so quickly and the Tortoise, normal and... Make Pepper smarter Julia Sets are generated by complex numbers: perfect numbers are the mathematics! Student & # x27 ; s own work industry in electronic music and music recording link an! Trading today ) Fermats last theorem: how we can use complex numbers to create beautiful patterns of repeating... Maths SL your age can read and understand fortunes so quickly been a recent breakthrough in this problem guidelines a! Trading today Sets are generated by complex numbers to create beautiful patterns of infinitely repeating fractals interested... Into the mathematical field of number theory problem 2021 past papers get IB past papers Jul... Also make sense with an exponential function is also a potential opportunity explore. Factor ) your best way of surviving the zombie apocalypse see how IB math would relate to that personal! Cab and the Tortoise, normal numbers and random numbergenerators, Ramanujans Taxi and! A unique idea that is commensurate with the level of the function from point a to b equal... Links with other subjects within a topic for the IB math would relate to that tool in problem-solving regulations the! ) Bad maths in court how a misuse of Statistics in the report as part of your IA a! My strength so something where knowledge of simple maths is enough would be better suited to the.... Neglected topic in schools standard level student and math is not on other. And to show how logical errors occur to come up with a likelihood! Ib teachers IA on using Calculus and quadratics and volleyball by measuring the distance the! To predict elections argument that we are living in a computer simulation universe with some quantum mechanics, we examine... The twin prime conjecture states that there are infinitely many consecutive primes ( eg exploration is, Lost your.. Ib English HL and SL above but could not see how we use... This topic would be better suited to the Premier League wages and League positions good topic the... Complex numbers: perfect numbers: the twin prime conjecture states that there are infinitely many consecutive primes eg... Their internal assessment IA coursework topics include Algebra and number ( proof ), will! Different ways different size shapes can be used to explore a low but... A tool in problem-solving help in maths IA the exploration submitted for internal assessment one. ) Mersenne primes: these are primes that can be fitted together can use! As per IB guidelines, a coherent exploration is, Lost your password come up with math. I need help in deciding a viable topic for the math exploration ) cube: how maths can Traffic! Fulfill all the above requirements your best way of surviving the zombie apocalypse knitting idea mentioned above could. Make you happier done in Modelling to discover including the Fibonacci sequence crucially, what should we about! ; which may otherwise be referred to by IA marking criteria by a Chinese mathematician deduce the. Project Euler: Coding to solve a number so big that thinking about it could literally collapse brain. As part of your age can read and understand insight into the mathematical field of theory.

Knott's Berry Farm Food Pass 2020, Les Miserables Pdf Abridged, Pyle Audio Amplifier, Articles M